Sunday Brunches

Each time someone asks me what I love about Melbourne, it's impossible that the word "brunch" doesn't turn up. In fact, I'd like to think that Melburnians know how to appreciate a good hearty brunch! There are tons of brunch spots located around Melbourne, and I only wish I had the ability to drive myself around to visit the brunch spots located further out from the city. That, and maybe a never ending supply of money to finance my expenditure on all the delicious food!!

I love the weekends, but I especially love them during the transition from winter to spring :) The weather is just about to reach a lovely temperature with just the right amount of sun and wind, and the sight of families walking around the city just brings a lot of warmth in my heart :)

It's not very often I get to roam around the city in such beautiful weather. I wish I had more opportunities to do so, but work beckons each time mother nature decides to shower us with love.

Fortunately for me, today was an exception. I headed out with a few girlfriends to a brunch spot called 'The Kettle Black'. If there's one brunch spot I've always wanted to try, it'd be 'Top Paddock'. I've so often seen friends share pictures of their ricotta pancakes and it's made me crave for them so so much. The Kettle Black is the sister store of Top Paddock, and the menu is rather similar although my friends praised it for a better ambience.


We arrived the store at 2pm, and had to wait in line for about twenty to thirty minutes for our turn. It's not uncommon to be in the waiting line when it comes to brunches in Melbourne. Rather, our waiting time isn't considered very long as compared to other brunch spots I've been to before. It tends to get really crowded between 12pm to 2pm, as most people are out at that time for lunch. Also, most cafes close at about 3pm. 

Mocha that I ordered - as usual. 

I headed there with a strong determination to purchase and try my long awaited ricotta pancakes. Alas, upon my arrival I realised that there were simply too many mouth-watering options to choose from!! I simply couldn't decide. 

King Island Crayfish in an Ash Roll with native coastal spinach, lime and yuzu mayonnaise

I ended up purchasing the King Island Crayfish because I heard that it was a popular dish. This is the first time I've had crayfish in a burger form, and I have to say it was delicious. The crayfish was really tender and complimented well with the spinach and the sour taste from the yuzu mayo. I certainly don't regret purchasing this, my tummy was very well satisfied after this meal :) 

Here were the meals my friends ordered:

Hotcakes with house-made ricotta, blueberries, pure maple, double berries and seed
Chili scrambled eggs with air-dried flinders island wallaby, feta and leaves
Robbins Island Wagyu Skirt Steak with house-made mustard, seasonal fruit relish and leaves on the kettle black bun
I'd definitely recommend this place to anyone who passes by Melbourne. The ambience was lovely and it was such a cozy little house that was decorated really nicely :) 

I apologise if the pictures aren't very great / lack of pictures, I'm still pretty new to blogging and it took a lot of effort to remember to have these photos taken! 

I've also just ordered for a replacement battery charger for my camera, so hooray for that!! Better quality photos in future hopefully :) There are so many things I'm dying to share and upload but I can't seem to achieve the same effect I'm after with the iPhone camera. So excited to have my camera ready to snap away! Hee :)

Till next time, xx.

No comments