Product Review: Spa Treatment for free at home!


So if I haven't already made it clear before, I will make it clear now. I LOVE THE BODY SHOP. It's a no brainer really if you were to ask me. I think, apart from the very good marketing strategy of using the colour green to brand themselves, the products they sell are actually legit and work so well as they claim they're supposed to.

Quite recently, the store introduced their Spa of the World range and I decided to give it a look.

Now I have this tendency to approach salesgirls and ask them to test products on me if I'm very certain I'm not going to end up wasting their time at the end. I was pretty sure that I was going to purchase something that day, so I approached a salesgirl (dang me for not remembering her name!) and asked her to introduce the products in the range.


African Ximenia Scrub

Japanese Camellia Cream
I was completely sold the moment she tried the products on me. Now firstly, I'd like to say that I've been using a body scrub all wrong my entire life. I never knew you used it before you used your shower gel. I always thought you exfoliated after you used the shower gel. Well, I've now learnt the truth. 

My hands were so soft after using the scrub. In fact, I actually left the store the first time only purchasing the body cream and came back the next day to purchase the scrub. It was a worthy investment. The body scrub really leaves your entire skin feeling soft and smooth after!! It's practically a free spa session at home. Have I mentioned that it also smells relaxing??

The body cream on the other hand, smelled like a fresh garden of flowers during spring in Osaka. It smells like cherry blossoms. I love it. The texture of the cream is indeed velvety like stated on the packaging. It's really smooth and soft on the skin and a little goes a long way with it. It also has a matte finish as compared to the other body cream in the range, and is suitable for people with very dry skin. I have eczema and this cream has worked well for me so far :)

Overall, I'm really happy with my purchases :) I actually was very tempted to purchase their mist and detox cream but your girl is a student and finances are tight. Explains why I originally left with only the body cream.


Have you guys tried these yet? What are some of your favourite products from The Body Shop? :)

xx.

2 comments

  1. Ooooh this spa treatment idea sounds amazing and I am such a fan of the body shop. Will have to check out these products once I am due for more bath goodies!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Rae you definitely should!!! I am sure you will love the smell of these goodies and as always, The Body Shop does not disappoint!! :)

      Delete