Birthday weekend

Despite the tumult that is my life, I was able to take the weekend off and invest some time being happy. Celebrated my 23rd on the 13th, and it's odd because I feel like a 30 year old in the body of a 23 year old. 

Headed down to the Moonlight Cinema last Saturday to catch Zootopia. We arrived ten minutes before showtime, and the entire area was pretty much filled up. We managed to get a spot at the far corner in the back, and it wasn't too bad at all :) A nice place to go on a date, and I'd recommend it for couples. 

Moonlight Cinema
I know it looks really bright here, but this picture has been exposed. Also, the sky was reddish that night (maybe a sign of the gang fight that broke out in the city that night?) and it wasn't as dark as it usually would have been. This worked in our favour though, because it felt really early even though it was already 11pm.


Fireworks from the Moomba festival
The movie went on a short intermission from the fireworks display from Moomba. It was seriously such an enchanting evening :)

On the day of my birthday, I pretty much had nothing planned. I just wanted to spend the day in lazing around before going out for dinner. My housemate suggested we go cycling and so we did. I'm really glad she dragged me out of the house, it was such a lovely day and such perfect weather to be cycling in.


We rented our bikes from this place at Federation Square and cycled for two hours. Rental was $20 for two hours, and i personally thought it wasn't too bad. This was however my first form of physical exercise over five months, so I was desperately trying hard to keep up with myself. My quads are pretty much all jelly at this point...


In the evening we headed to Veggie Bar for a simple dinner. The food at veggie bar was.... O.M.G. I LOVED IT. I seriously applaud vegetarians who can whip up a solid meal. I mean... mock meat is legit meat. Taste wise, I can't tell the difference sometimes! I love vegetarian meals, they're so filling if served properly and needless to say we had a satisfying dinner. We originally had plans to grab dessert after but we were too stuffed to even think about it. 

HUGE portion of fries. SO WORTH IT.





<3
I don't always express my true feelings to people, but I was sincerely grateful on my birthday. Birthday cards were read with tears streaming down my face, and in that moment I have never been more thankful for the people I've been blessed with. I'm the harshest critic when it comes to my own self, but sometimes I need to know that it's okay to have problems and not be perfect. 

I'm 23 but I'm still very lost. 
23 but still going through life a step at a time.
23 and still an undergraduate.
23 and still learning to accept my flaws.

Even so, I'm 23 but I'm still excited and hopeful for my future and all there is to come for me. I've definitely loved myself a little bit more the past few months, something that hasn't come from the validation of others. 

So... I'm 23. Where to now? 

xx.

No comments