With time;

Amidst the stress of what are the examinations, I found myself meeting a friend this afternoon for coffee. As it always is with me and the people I end up meeting "for coffee", we ended up roaming around the area and talking about matters of the heart. I'm honestly really glad I decided on meeting my friend today, for I was actually harbouring the thought of cancelling our event due to the number of assignments I had to complete.




I was finally able to receive some form of closure from matters that have been troubling me for a while. Apart from the closure, I was finally able to dig deeper into the reasons behind my emotions and understand my thought process a little bit better. In essence, childhood trauma and fear were the main catalysts. That, and embarrassment.

Scars exist to remind us that the past was real. This scar is one that I will carry with me for a very long time. There is no reason for me to hate any of the memories I have of the incident, but sometimes I wish it wasn't a happy memory because the paradox is that it brings me pain each time it creeps into my mind.

Till then, with an easier heart, xx.

No comments