I'm obsessed

... with lipstick.

As a child I've always toyed around with my mother's lipstick collection. It was such a joy back then to be my mum's little stylist, I remember choosing the lipstick colour each morning as my mother was preparing herself for work. My mother had her fair share of colours, her collection wasn't huge but it was enough.

I've always wanted a huge lipstick collection. Maybe one that's similar to Zoella's. Perhaps I shall one day have enough in my collection to open a store *inserts delirious eyes*

Anyway, my current favourite lipstick brand at the moment has to be Revlon. I suppose it's considered a drugstore product (correct me if I'm wrong) but for the price I'm paying for these, I'd hardly consider them drugstore.

Here are some of my favourites from my collection:


This has to be my FAVOURITE thus far. I don't know if you've noticed how used the tip is. I am in love with this colour. I have pretty tanned/brown skin, so the orange gives me a nice healthy finish. I love this series in particular because I don't find it very dry on my lips. I've always had very dry lips up till today, but the lacquer balm is moisturising enough for me. 


This was the first matte lipstick I added to my collection. I decided to be adventurous when I purchased this because it's a dark red - a colour I was not bold enough to wear before. I used this during Eid celebrations this year back at home, and received compliments for the colour :) I've been using this quite often recently, the colour is perfect for winter. 


This next one is a very light red, and I find myself having to apply several layers due to the shine effect it has on my lips which makes it almost invisible. Butttt I LOVE this. I find that it adds a subtle pop of colour and gives me a healthier glow. I use this on days I'm not feeling too adventurous.


This next one looks pink, but it actually comes out as red! This is similar to the first photo I shared, except that it's a matte balm instead. I haven't been using this as much because I haven't been able to match it with my winter outfits. Hoping to using more frequently once spring comes!


This final one was the first purplish lipstick I added to my collection. I never thought I'd end up with a purplish lipstick but this colour was too pretty to resist. It's perfect for winter, and the fact that it's shine rather than matte, once applied it sits lightly on your lips and the colour isn't too overbearing. Glad I made the bold decision to purchase this!

So that's about it for my top 5 from my collection. And no, I don't only own Revlon in case you were wondering :P I don't own any of the higher end lipstick products... YET. Since I'm still rather new to this whole idea of applying lipstick, I thought I'd invest in a few cheaper yet good quality ones to practice with before I invest in more expensive ones. Although at the current moment I don't have a thing against Revlon. It also helps that their ambassador is Emma Stone (the only reason I tried it in the first place). 

Ah right, that's about it from me for today's post then! Till the next one
xx.





No comments