Online Shopping with: POMELO


It's that time of the year where I start getting fidgety due to the lack of clothes available in the wardrobe for me to wear. However, whilst I would usually admit to having enough clothes to choose from and this scenario is a result of my finding a reason to go shopping, I actually hate to admit that my reason for being fidgety this time round is a result of my inability to fit into my old clothes.

Yep that's right, your girl's gained a few pounds and I'm not embarrassed to admit it.

So, whilst I work on losing those extra pounds to go back to my usual size, I decided to go online to pacify myself by finding clothes that would fit me.

I've heard of Pomelo for a very long time. I've seen it on various social media sites as well as being advertised by some of my favourite youtubers and fashion bloggers. I've never really ventured with the site before because the company originates from Thailand and from my experience with the sizes and the cutting with clothes from that region, it usually never fits me. Which sucks really, because the clothes are all of pretty good quality and are reasonably priced as well.

Oh well, I was feeling adventurous that day. Plus, they have a 365 day return policy which is great!! No need to feel pressured at having to return the clothes if they didn't fit by the next day. I always look out for return policies when I order stuff online, it's always really important that I know how long I'm given to return unwanted pieces of clothing.



Aesthetically, delivery was to my fancy. I'm spoilt by TheIconic's packaging, but otherwise, despite the use of the plastic I still very much was grateful it wasn't too thin. It was also delivered in a sweet baby pink, a personal favourite colour of mine. What I actually liked (despite the waste of resources as some may argue) was how they used an envelope to place the invoice. It felt so personal to open the envelope! I felt as if I was receiving a letter from a close friend, and it made me all fuzzy and happy inside.

Moving on to what I actually purchased...




Quality wise, I'd have to say the clothes were made out of durable and pretty good material. The cotton was soft and I can see it lasting for a pretty long time. I was really happy when I unfolded them one by one and realised that the quality was a lot better than I had expected.

HOWEVER

The cutting, as I had expected, was not to my favour.

*goes to a corner and cries silently*

I was honestly really disappointed that the cutting didn't fit me. I should mention now that the sizes on Pomelo were all "One Size", so I actually took out my measuring tape to compare my size to the ones shown online. Yet, I was disappointed. I will be keeping the dark blue shirt because it looks fine oversized and I kind of prefer it baggy anyway. I'm really sad at having to return the other two :'(

Overall, I would recommend people to give Pomelo a try. Delivery was efficient and quality of the products were good too. Plus I'm not as adventurous in my fashion sense, but I know the inner chic in me would want to rock the styles they have up on their site.

Meanwhile, it's time for me to head on to another site. Boohooofficial anyone? :P Will update this space once more after my package arrives :)

Till then, xx.

No comments