Lipstick Revamp for Spring!

I realised I have yet to get down to writing a beauty related post (the main reason why I started this blog in the first place)! It has been a while, but I am back :)

If I failed to mention it before, I'll mention it now: Spring has sprung in Melbourne town! The weather has been temperamental as usual (we experienced winter weather this past week), but thank goodness because today's the last day of cold! Weather forecast looks promising for the days ahead, and I simply can't wait for all the sunshine in the world to come my way :)

Now that spring has arrived, I don't feel right using my red lipsticks anymore. Does anyone else feel wrong having to use reddish hues during spring? I don't know, perhaps it's just me. I feel almost... rebellious doing so :P

So given that I no longer wanted to use red, I headed to the local drugstore and purchased new lip candy! :) This was definitely a form of therapy considering the amount of stress I was going through at that point in time due to school work. 






I am LOVING these new lip colours so so much. It's often rare for me to find a pinkish hue that matches my skin tone. I am incredibly jealous of girls who can pull off pink shades, I think they are such a lovely colour but unfortunately does not go with me :( 

If you also didn't already know, Revlon has to be one of my favourite brands thus far when it comes to lipsticks. For these two ranges in particular, I realised that there was no need to have applied lip balm before putting on the lipstick. My lips were still incredibly moisturised throughout the day, and that's saying something because my lips can't go a day without moisturiser else it gets chapped. If you do choose to apply lip balm beforehand, be warned that the effect you'll get from the lipstick won't be as matte as you'd like. Rather I found that the texture was very slippery almost, and it wasn't a very nice feeling to have. I preferred it much more without the lip balm on. 


I have been using these colours everyday since I've purchased them, and I am madly in love with the mood it puts me in! :) I usually mix juicy papaya with tutti frutti because the combination really packs a punch.

It feels so much more like spring now with these newest additions to my lip collection. I hope this lasts though, I tend to change the colour of the lipstick I wear according to my moods. It helps to make life just that bit more interesting.

How do you like these colours? Are any of them in your personal lipstick collection? ;) I'd love to know!!

Have a lovely weekend ahead ♡
xx

No comments