The Body Shop BB Cream

I'm not sure if I've mentioned how avid of a fan I am of The Body Shop. Not only are their products affordable and smell good, they always work for me and they have excellent service to boot. It doesn't matter which part of the world I'm in, each Body Shop girl I've come across provides me with excellent service and is always helpful in answering my queries. I find this especially helpful for someone who's still experimenting with make-up and facial products. Always feel welcomed in the store :)

If you also don't already know, I'm a huge fan of Zoella. Now considering how The Body Shop is a British brand, its only natural that products are released there first before anywhere else in the world. So when I saw this make an appearance in one of Zoe's daily vlogs, my mood was dampened when I realised that it hadn't yet been imported and placed on the shelves in my local store. You can only imagine how long I anticipated for it's arrival.


This is most probably the first BB cream I've used from the company. When it comes to make-up, my first option is usually powder (I use The Body Shop's Extra Virgin Minerals Loose Powder). I've never really been a fan of BB cream because I find that it cracks on my face due to my dry skin. I have to admit that I was actually slightly hesitant on trying this product despite my excitement because I was afraid that it wouldn't work on me. 

How wrong I was. 

Not only is the tea tree extract healing and perfect for my skin, but I don't have to apply concealer on my under eyes either! It's easy to apply on the face, and it provides perfect coverage to last the day :) My face doesn't dry up either, although I do have to say that I did apply hefty amounts of moisturiser prior to the BB cream. 


My skin tone is definitely evened out with the cream. I actually think I prefer the after-effect the BB cream has on my skin as compared to powder. It looks more natural and the colour blends in better. Facial powder tends to leave a thin layer on your face (of a colour a shade lighter than your skin tone). Or perhaps it's just me, I may have purchased the wrong powder shade for myself (it was recommended by the salesgirl though...)

But I would definitely recommend you to try the BB cream!! :) A downside is that it only comes in two shades, 01 & 02. So if your skin tone can't match that of the shades then that's a problem... Though I don't think that'll be much of a problem because I think the cream kind of evens out to match your skin (or maybe it's just an illusion my mind is playing on me hahaha). I've also read on other blogs and reviews that it works well on all skin types - oily skin types included! It's been great for me so far and if my skin is extremely dry and sensitive then I don't think it'll hurt to try it :)


My entire make-up collection is from the Body Shop oh my. Well, all except my lipstick. Can I be your ambassador please Body Shop? I can live in your store anytime. 


Have any of you tried the BB cream yet? Or is anyone else a huge fan of The Body Shop? We should be friends!! Hehe :) Have a great week ahead! :)

xx.

No comments