I'm on a roll with my breakfasts

Yet another breakfast post from me today! Although this time round I decided to indulge in something slightly more sinful...


Did you guess it right? :) There was some leftover buttermilk in the fridge I wanted to clear before expiry so I decided to whip up some blueberry buttermilk pancakes for myself!

Look at all that syrup



Have I tempted you? Here's what you'll need (I basically got the recipe off the buttermilk carton so I don't take ownership for this recipe):
  • 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
  • 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
  • 2 tbsp caster sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tbsp margarine (I used butter instead)
  • 1 cup blueberries
  • Maple Syrup / Topping of your choice


It took me around 30 minutes to do altogether and I managed to get 6 pancakes out of the entire batter. The number of servings really depends on how much of the batter you choose to use for each pancake. I used about 1/3 cups worth of batter for each and I found them to be the perfect size :)


I'm so happy now that I've started off the day right! My body is fuelled with energy to last the first half of the day at least :) Hope you're having a lovely morning! 

Xx.

No comments