Am I tempting you?

Each time I'm faced with a stressful assignment, I get deliriously hungry. Not only do I get hungry but I tend to crave the most specific things... And for close to two weeks, I've been craving cupcakes. But oh no, not just any cupcake. I wanted cupcakes from Cupcake Central.
When it comes to cupcakes, I usually never am a fan of icing. Similarly, I'm also picky when it comes to the texture of the cupcake itself. I've had cupcakes that are overly eggy, too moist, contain too many bubbles, too hard or just plain awful. This however, tops it all. It has rekindled my romance for cupcakes.
Cupcake Central has made a name for itself for the quality and taste of their cupcakes. Not only are they delicious, but they have somehow managed to perfect the art of making icing that makes it impossible for a person with the most sweet-less tooth to resist. I'm not a fan of icing, but theirs isn't too sweet or creamy, and has the perfect consistency and thickness that makes it so delicious to eat and bite into. Its just the right amount of sweet and goes so so well with the cake itself.

So, considering that I happened to walk past one of their stores today, I seized the opportunity and purchased a box of four for my friends and I. I was so excited too because they just recently launched their "spring collection" flavours, and I had been dying to try some of them. Thankfully the flavours that I was interested in was on sale today :)
Butter Popcorn
Breakfast Champ
Tiramisu
Peanut Brittle
These flavours are new and among the few from their Spring Collection :) I've only ever tried the Salted Caramel and Devil's Food Chocolate, two of their constant flavours that are available for sale everyday. Cupcake Central has a fixed timetable in their store that shows customers the cupcakes that are available for each day of the week. They have a fixed set of cupcakes that are sold everyday and these include Red Velvet, Salted Caramel, Cookies and Cream and Devil's Food Chocolate. Their seasonal flavours on the other hand are each given specific days to be available on display and sold. Personally, I think this is brilliant because it definitely saves on their cost price when it comes to baking these cupcakes. I also find that it keeps me on my toes to keep coming back on the different days to try all the seasonal flavours!

However, as all good things, the downside of these cupcakes is that they come at quite a price. Each cupcake costs AUD$4 per piece. I won't say they aren't worth the price if you include the beautiful packaging that comes with it, but it's definitely not a price that will make me come back for more everyday. Which I suppose actually works out to be a good thing because otherwise that'd be nothing but detrimental to my health.

My rating though? 56 Salted Caramel Cupcakes / 45 Salted Caramel Cupcakes. Definitely worth it. My tummy is always happy and swimming in delicious cupcake goodness once I've done the dirty deed :)
Any guesses as to which cupcake I saved for myself?
Xx.

No comments