YouTube

For the longest time I've always wondered why people have a strange fascination and addiction in watching random strangers' vlogs. It's one thing to watch, but it's another altogether to go on a marathon and obsess over a family that you've never met before yet feel a part of.

I have my fair share of family vloggers that I am in love with and spend perhaps an average of 1.5hours each day watching. I try not to add new ones to my list because I don't have enough time as it is to watch all of them in one sitting.

Recently though I discovered itsjudyslife. Now I've heard of judy since ... ever. I watched a few of her videos on her main makeup channel many many years ago, but I never subscribed to her at the time. However I've recently discovered her again and found out she has a family vlogging channel on top of her main channel. My thoughts on this discovery: What took me so long?!?!

I am in LOVE with Judy, Benji, JB, MB, KB and her whole family. They remind me so much of my own family, the quirkiness, the positivity, the problems, the fun... I get all emotional each time I see Benji and his girls together because it reminds me so much of my dad. There was one particular video that got me all emotional and choked up. I don't remember which vlog it was, but I know they were dancing together in the living room and it was just the most beautiful scene :)

I'm obsessed with her family, and I'm just glad I've found them on youtube now. Better late than never am I right?

One idea I've been toying with in my head recently is starting my own youtube channel. I've actually attempted filming two videos before. I uploaded them on my channel but then deleted them shortly after. It takes a lot of courage to put videos of yourself online. Besides that, it is also extremely cringe-worthy having to edit footage of your awkward self. I think I shuddered one too many times that I eventually got tired of looking and hearing myself through the camera.

But who knows, maybe someday I'll gather enough courage to make a proper video to upload. Perhaps.

Moving on, I'm heading back to the motherland and I'm both excited and anxious. Maybe it's because I still have a lot of work to complete when I arrive home, but I'm excited to be taking a plane and sleeping on my bed again.

Anyway, here are some pictures from our farewell dinner for Pearl Li last night :) Taken by the ever amazing Derrick Koo.

Girl shot :)
Group photo :) This was not taken by Derrick, his abilities are far greater than that. Just felt the need to back him up :P
 xx

No comments